Copyright 2013. Reno Student Film Festival X. All rights reserved.
Reno Film Festival X
The Biggest Little Student Film Festival in the World
Categories for Submission
- Narrative short, any genre
- Less than 5 Minutes
- Less than 5 minutes
- This is distinguished from Short Film in that Experimental Film/Video breaks most of the rules associated with good storytelling and filmmaking technique and approach.
- The “experimental” label is used to indicate video that is meant to be abstract art more than it is meant to be a linear storyline or popular, mass entertainment.
- Less than 2 minutes
- Animated Shorts. Animation entries should be fully rendered short films with a clear storyline, not a random piece of animation or 3D modeling.
- Less than 3 minutes
- Music Videos can be all original or use copyrighted music.
- Copyrighted music used in Music Videos must be credited in the video to be accepted and may NOT be published separately
- Original and copyrighted Music Videos will be judged together, with the focus being on production skills and techniques.
Category X: Opening Title Sequence
- 1-3 Minutes
- Original Video, Graphics, Animation, or a combination.
- Title Sequences are to be the beginning of an imagined or existing TV Show or Movie focused on matching the intended "TONE" of the show/movie and including a storyline, credits, and title card
- Documentary Feature Style Video. Distinguished from a news package in scope, length, style, and content.
- Less than 5 Minutes
Public Service Announcement
- 30 Seconds Exactly
- Sponsored by Join Together Northern Nevada
- Topic: Brain impairment in teens from the abuse of Alcohol, Marijuana, or Prescription Drugs
- Must include the tagline “#DrugSmart”
- Cash Prizes: 1st - $450, 2nd - $325, 3rd - $225
- Broadcast style, Real news stories and features
- Less than 3 Minutes
- Awards include Trophies, Plaques, Certificates, Gift Certificates, and Cash prizes for the PSA category
- A Winner and Runner-up will be awarded for each of the eight individual categories, with separate awards for Audience Favorite, Best Fiction, Best Non- Fiction, and Best in Show
- All Finalists (Top 3 in each category), regardless of place, will receive Festival Finalist Certificates.
Reno FFX Information
Mail Entries, Forms, and Payments to:
Communication Arts and Media Academy
Academy of Arts, Careers and Technology
380 Edison Way, Reno, NV 89502